Saturday, February 04, 2012

One Step at a Time


by Beverley Paine



photo courtesy of Natural Life Magazine

I think there is a huge lesson in this message for me but my brain is weary.

Can't help myself, even when weary... Question popped into my mind : but where is the staircase going, is it going where you want to go?

And then the insight burst forth: control, I need to keep working on letting go of the need to control. I want to see the big picture, to see where the staircase is going because I don't trust that the staircases I build are going to take me where I need to go. I still want to go where I want to go. I'm not internalising my lessons about wants yet.

'Want' responds to my conscious thoughts which are also my trained thoughts. I'm still reacting to what I should be doing. Even my sense of cautiousness owes a large part of its power to my training - very full of 'should' messages.

'Need' responds to my instinctive thoughts, to my actual needs, to what my body is telling me I need to do to be where I really want to be.

The staircase has appeared not because of my wants but because of my needs. If I trusted that I am smart enough and have what it takes to steer the most appropriate course through my life, one that will meet my needs, then I'd be happy to take that first step and stop procrastinating because I can't see where the darn staircase is going!

I'm a natural learning, every moment of every day I'm learning. All I need to do is reflect on what I am learning right now as I respond to my environment and I what bring to my consciousness and whammo, I've learned something incredibly powerful and important. Life is AWESOME!